For those of you camouflage lovers wondering how to wear camo in the holiday season, here are some tips:
- Wear camo that has a bit of sparkle in it. Like the top I’m wearing below. Or just a touch of glitter here and there.
- Add bling to make it more festive.
- Try mixing up the colors to match the season. I also have a blue t-shirt in camo and a colorful camo jacket for spring.
- Mix it with something more formal, like a camo top with a dressy skirt or vice versa.
- Don’t wear it head to toe.
- Try a touch of camo in unexpected places, like shoes or an accessory.
- Pick camo with an embroidered embellishments on it, like a rose or flower patch.
- And by all means, make it fun to lighten it up a bit!
And a Happy Thanksgiving to all!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click through on them, I may receive a small drop of money. Enough to keep one light bulb burning. Thank you in advance for keeping a light on in my home.
You can find similar items here:
~ All photos were taken by Calvin Hodgson. You can find his work on Flickr and on his blog.
,I’ve been sick for the past week with a cold and it definitely has dulled my sparkle a bit. I pull out of it a little bit every day, but wow, am I sick of being sick at this point. I did not going to chemo today with my mom – they don’t want sick people in the chemo ward getting the people on chemo sick because their white blood cell count gets knocked out by the chemo and they have a harder time recuperating from illness than the rest of us do with all of our white bloods cells still intact to fight infections. And I should probably sit outside at my parents tomorrow for out 4th of July BBQ so I don’t bring my germs in the house. Bleh. Being sick is no fun at all!
However, today I was having fun browsing through sparkler/firework photos on free stock photo sites online. One really about summed up what I feel like today. A hand lifting out of the water with a sparkler in it. Yeah. That’s me. Can’t breathe real well right now through my stuffed up nose so I feel like I’m underwater, but tomorrow’s a holiday, so sparkle on people, sparkle on!
Happy 4th of July!
Sparkle on through the life’s difficulties ~ Photo by Kristopher Roller
It only takes a spark ~ Photo by Cristian Escobar
For two are better than one… ~ Photo by Ian Schneider
Sparkle on! ~ Photo by Kristopher Roller
If it rains, make an umbrella. ~ Photo by Sarah Zucca
Seattle Space Needle sparkling on! ~ Photo by Nitish Meena
It only takes a spark,
to get a fire going,
and soon all those around
can warm up in it’s glowing.
That’s how it is with God’s love,
once you’ve experienced it.
You spread His love
you want to pass it on.