Today’s Fashion Friday item is a cute Boho style summer dress made out of a nice lightweight cotton that has a cool feel to it. I love the varying shades of blue in this dress against an off-white background, and the patterns. This item was sent to me in the wrong size. I ordered a small and got a medium. But, I decided to see if it fit a friend of mine because it is super cute and I didn’t want to send it back. So, while I was disappointed to get the wrong size in the mail, it was nice to have something to give to a friend – especially a super good friend who’s stood by my side and helped me get through a tough time while going through a divorce and trying to get back on my feet again.
I found I was pretty much isolating myself from most of my friends during this time, but this friend just went through a divorce herself and knows exactly what I’m going through which then makes it so much easier to talk to her than others who haven’t been through it and are just trying to run you over with their opinions. She’s pulled me out of my ‘funk’ many times and bought me lots of coffee so we can sit and chat together. I am so thankful for her presence in my life! At some point in the month of August, there is a ‘Friendship Day’ – this is the friend I choose to celebrate for that day.
I should also mention, my friend does wonderful Jamberry Nail wrap manicures which we also took photos of when we got pictures of the dress. You can find her Jamberry website here.
*Although I did get this item at a discounted rate to review on Amazon, I was not asked to review it for the blog and am just doing that for fun. You can find this item here: Boho Tassel Strap Beach Dress
Do you have any traditions you do every summer? For my family, we always go blueberry picking every year. The last two years, though, I’ve noticed it’s just my parents and I going off to pick blueberries as soon as the blueberry field is open for picking each season. My sons used to come along, but both of them have dropped off now that they are getting older. My dad tends to go back many times throughout the season to gather more berries which will then be frozen so they have blueberries all year round.
Here are some things to remember when out picking blueberries:
1. Always taste the berries in the area you are picking in to make sure you like them.
2. On the same note, though, don’t overeat them or you’ll pay for it the next day. (Believe me, I know!)
3. Reach for the berries in the middle of the bush – most people won’t bother, and that’s where all the nice juicy plump ones are hiding.
4. Watch out for creepy crawlies!
5. Try to get there at the beginning of the day to avoid the heat and the crowds.
6. If you like rinsing your berries off before freezing the extra ones, make sure you lay them out on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to dry the water off before freezing or you’ll have huge frozen clumps of berries bunched together when you go to use them throughout the year. (I also put the whole tray in the freezer and freeze the berries in a single layer before transferring them to large freezer bags.)
Mostly, enjoy being outside with delicious fresh berries to gobble down!